I don’t get on my soapbox very often but forgive me for taking advantage of two events this month-Election Day and Small Business Saturday.   No matter what side you are on today, there should be one thing we can all agree on-helping out the good ole U.S. of A.  


Maybe you only get teary eyed at the instrumental version of the Star -Spangled Banner or embrace the more literal Lee Greenwood anthem.   All of us know when you buy goods made in the USA you keep the American economy growing.  Buying American made products is important to me. 

Whether I’m on a buying trip to the apparel markets or reordering supplies for the store, I do my best to search for American made products.  It isn’t always easy or practical, and yes we do have items made overseas.  I’m proud of our vendors dedicated to keeping their manufacturing in New York’s Garment District as well as other cities, like Los Angeles.   There is nowhere to go but up for these industries.    One of our favorite line’s, Alice Trixie,  is 100% dedicated to keeping manufacturing in New York. 

If American’s spent just 1% more on American goods it would create 200,000 jobs, according to Save the Garment Center trade organization.  So allow me this take advantage of this Election Day to Keep it Local.  






XO,
Girls at Monkee’s

0 comments:

Post a Comment