Remove negativity One of the most important things I've learned in my life so far is that building boundaries and removing negativity where possible is key to a happy life. If something is bringing you down find ways to remove it from your day so you can move forward and live without it holding you back. Of course some situations down allow for this, but remind yourself that you deserve better than anything or anyone trying to tear you down. 

Challenge your negative thoughts Sometimes we really are our own worst enemy, and it's far too easy to get lost within our own heads and feed our own negativity. When I find myself consumed with a negative thought process I challenge myself to really question and explore what I'm thinking, and usually I can find the voice of reason and my way back to positivity.

Ask yourself - does this really matter? Sometimes I can be the queen of making mountains out of molehills, and one of the best steps I've found to stay positive is asking myself - do I need to be worrying about this? So many things trouble us in the moment yet in the long run they're insignificant in the bigger picture of our lives. I remind myself that it doesn't matter and move on so I can focus my energy on the more positive things in life. 

Talk about it A problem shared is a problem halved, or something like that right? If something is really eating away at you then talk to someone you trust and let them help you work through it. Sometimes just telling someone what's bothering you helps you break it down into something that's much easier to manage, and you can feed of their positivity when yours has completely run dry. 

Surround yourself with positive people People are what keeps us going, and the best kind are the ones who stay positive in the face of whatever life throws their way. Surround yourself with people who dream as big as you do, and who will push you through even when everything feels like it's falling apart. For me, the best kind of people are the ones who don't sugar coat a situation but instead accept it as it is but remind me that I can get through it no matter what. 

Find your happy place Everyone needs a happy place to escape to when things start to take their toll. Find what anchors you to your happiness and hold onto it when things get tough, and embrace the silly little things that make you happy along the way too.

Celebrate the little things We all beat ourselves up too much, we always feel like we should be doing more and that we should be more and we forget to celebrate the little victories in life. When things feel too much, remind yourself of all the good things and everything you've achieved so far - and all the good things to come in the future as well. 

Always rise above Nothing makes a situation worse than letting yourself down, so even in the face of negativity and all the crap life can throw your way my best advice would be to always rise above and be the best person you can be. Positivity starts with you, and we have a choice whether to live with a positive mindset or not.




Credit--Thank you Jenny Purr for these great tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment